Can anyone advise which is best? Fjord Cruise #2 – The Sognefjord and bus to the Geirangerfjord. Of course, not everyone has the time or the inclination to cruise for weeks. Bergen & the Fjords. No matter the season, all cruises with Hurtigruten are thrilling adventures filled with amazing scenery and active "friluftsliv" experiences. Easily find and compare Norway Fjords, Baltic Sea & Scandinavian cruises from Newcastle cruise port. Expect stunning natural scenery, complete with waterfalls, glaciers, fishing villages, snow-capped mountain peaks and much more. I would be arriving either by plane from Copenhagen or by auto from Oslo. Norwegian Fjords Cruise Itineraries. Explore our cruise itineraries and choose from a variety of rooms depending on your needs and budget. Time to explore Bergen. Day Trips. Explore the stunning fjords of Norway on this 7-day expedition cruise. 2. A 1-day fjord cruise from Bergen where you experience the full majesty of Hardangerfjord, one of Norway’s most beautiful fjords, in a single day on this 10-hour private tour from Bergen. Cruises to Norway from Southampton and Hamburg. 10 Day Affordable Norway with 5 Day Scenic Coast Cruise: Mountains, Fjords & Northern Lights Pursuit, March 2019 It was a great trip! Visit Norway’s Majestic Beauty by Cruise & Rail. In June 2018 I took a cruise around the Norwegian Fjords with my lovely Mum. These journeys are a treat for all your senses! Large selection of fjord tours from Bergen!Enjoy one of the most famous attractions in the world on a half or full day tour.. Bergen is the Gateway to the Fjords of Norway! Le Boréal will then sail towards the Geiranger Fjord, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. : “There was just something so magical about experiencing Norway by cruising that made it all the more memorable. Unpack once, then cruise past enchanting Norwegian coastal villages nestled among soaring mountains and crystal bays. The Geirangerfjord is part of our common UNESCO World Heritage.. Tour Summary: Fjord cruise from Bergen on the Sognefjord and Aurlandsfjord to Flåm. Do you want to discover Norway, and see the best of its fjords? Thanks. Follow a picturesque highway to this spectacular fjord, and spend the day enjoying its beauty and nature. You get a taste of everything: the urban life in Bergen to the fjords in Geiranger.” Norway river cruise Ride On The Flam Railway The ship cruised all the way up the Sognefjord fjord to Flam. If your trip to Norway is part of a larger European trip, you can get a taste of "fjording'' in a day or two. Please select your suite type and category from the available options. Before departure you may wish to explore this cultural gateway to the fjords. Fjord cruise in Oslo. Norway and its fjords offer everything it takes to be a top-class cruise destination. Admire panoramic views of Norway’s fjords during this full-day cruise from Bergen to Flam. Answer 1 of 4: I only have a day in either Bergen or Stavenger, Norway. 2 nights in Bergen, a full day cruise to the UNESCO Geirangerfjord, 2 nights in the Art Nouveau town of Alesund, then the scenic Rauma Line & the Dovre Line to Oslo for a final night. 12 Day Experience Norway Fjords by Cruise Embark on an adventurous voyage on land, rail and sea through the mystical natural wilds of the fabled Norwegian archipelago, into the Arctic Circle & onto the land of the Midnight Sun. This 7-day trip, which begins and ends in Oslo, takes you on a scenic Hurtigruten coastal cruise from Trondheim, revealing majestic landscapes among the vast fjords. Obviously cruises aren’t perfect, although I think a Norwegian fjords cruise can be the right choice for a lot of travelers, especially first-time visitors to Norway. It is the longest fjord in Norway and the second longest fjord in the world. From Olden you will head to the Briksdal glacier, one of the most beautiful in Europe.. The 7 Night Norwegian Fjords Cruise visits Southampton, England; Bergen, Norway; Geiranger, Norway; Alesund, Norway; Kristiansand, Norway and Southampton, England. Hike the famous Trolltunga or H. M. Queen Sonja´s Panoramic Trail between Kinsarvik and Lofthus. Step 2. We sail north from Bergen along the Hjeltefjord, the same route the Vikings once sailed to the Shetland Islands and beyond – we are heading to the high north. This full day trip combines the Best of Fjord Norway - all in a single day! Call various cruise services or a travel agency and find tours specific to Norway. Just back from fantastic seven day Norwegian Fjords cruise aboard the lovely and lively Koningsdam. The trick is picking the right cruise, managing your time wisely, and avoiding a few pitfalls that cruisers accidentally fall into. Your Ship: Seabourn Sojourn. Sail through the Sognefjord, the longest and deepest fjord in the country, and stop at small coastal villages along the journey. 14-Day Scenic Norway & Fjords. On your perfectly sized cruise ship, explore the spectacular rocky coast line of Norway, etched with breathtaking fjords. Her verdict? After embarkation we invite you to enjoy our tasty dinner buffet, based on the best ingredients from the coast. Norwegian Fjords: Tours & Fjord Cruise packages Experience the unique Norwegian Fjords - one of nature's wonders! Jun 19 - Jul 3, 2021. Travel blogger Faith joined a 7-day cruise on what she called the “gorgeously massive” Serenade of the Seas. Spend 7, 11 or 12 nights exploring Norway’s Fjords when you voyage from Southampton or Hamburg. The 180 km long Hardangerfjord is the second longest fjord … Continue reading "The Hardangerfjord" There’s no better way to experience Norway than on a Holland America Line cruise. Fjord Cruises and Fjord Safari; Enjoy the scenic Oslofjord on a sightseeing fjord cruise and get an overview of the city and its attractions. Cunard and Silversea are two very well-known cruise lines that … Discover some of the stunning natural scenery in Fjord Norway during this full-day private tour from Bergen. Adventure awaits as you sail to Trondheim, cross … Fjord cruise package incl. Can I arrange for a day cruise of the fjords? The 204 kilometre long Sognefjord is “The King of the Fjords”. Find out more. Experience Norway's beautiful fjords, charming ports, and rare wildlife under the Midnight Sun or spectacular Northern Lights. Norway cruises depart from a variety of homeports, including Bergen and Oslo in Norway. We saw a lot of snow, and best of all, saw the fantastical northern lights, with all of their colors, flights and shape. Start planning your next cruise vacation by selecting a destination and departure port. Discover our entire original coastal route with 34 ports of call, sailing past more than 100 fjords and 1,000 mountains. On this fjord sightseeing tour we pass through narrow sounds, idyllic bays and through a maze of islands with small summer houses. Once among the fjords, enjoy 2-hour boat cruise and lunch with guided commentary. If so, which is best. For more information on the best fjords to visit, be inspired by our handy fjord guide. The beauty of a Norway cruise is that one day you’ll be amongst some of Europe’s most stunning natural sights, and the next day you could be enjoying the culture in some of the coolest cities in the world. The best starting point to experience the most magnificent fjord landscape, with narrow fjords, glaciers, steep mountain sides, beautiful islands and spectacular waterfalls. On this 10-day tour departing from Oslo, you’ll see Norway in the best way possible, sailing among its mighty fjords, Geiranger and Sognefjord. In this post, I’ll share with you the things I wish I knew before my first cruise to Norway. Nærøyfjord — Norway’s best fjord? Our daily departures take you on voyages where no other ships go. The Hardangerfjord area, the orchard of Norway, is known for it´s spectacular fruit tree blossoming in spring. A relaxing fjord cruise, stunning waterfalls, rural village and historical sights are some of the components included. Norway Cruise Deals. Norway - a land of untouched nature, characterized by the beauty of its picturesque fjords.A feeling of space that can hardly be put into words, but you can experience it first-hand during a Norway cruise. Add-on: Extra nights, sightseeing in Oslo, seafood dinner Duration: 5 nights Prices: From NOK 11500 per person More prices & booking Embark in historic Bergen, a city with deep Viking roots, and set off for Norway’s dramatic fjord landscapes, cruising to scenic Flåm, cosmopolitan Stavanger, history-rich Kristiansand and vibrant Oslo. Our day trip from Haugesund to the Akrafjorden Fjord was a great first close up fjord view on our cruise along the Norway Fjords. Suites. A short break in picturesque Bergen with 2 day excursions: Enjoy a fjord cruise on the Sognefjord, the world famous Flam Railway, boat excursion to the Osterfjord & beautiful narrow Mostraumen. This 7-day express tour, starting and ending in Oslo, takes you over Norway’s mountainous rooftops by train to the rugged western coastline, where you’ll sail among the famous fjords. The Roundtrip Cruise. Find and plan your next cruise to the Norwegian Fjords from Newcastle, UK. Including: When to cruise to Norway What to pack on a Norwegian Fjords cruise What to do onboard What to … RHINE & VIKING SHORES & FJORDS (Bergen-Basel) Discover Nordic wonders by sea, then tour highlights of the legendary Rhine River. Ship. The village of Flåm is the starting point for countless activities in and around Aurlandsfjord and Nærøyfjord, one of two Norwegian fjords to be found on UNESCO’s World Heritage List.It shares this honour with Geirangerfjord and Bryggen in Bergen.. All your senses the stunning natural scenery in fjord Norway - all in single! Hours of daylight under the Midnight Sun or spectacular Northern Lights our entire original coastal route with 34 of! The legendary rhine River relaxed sociability are a treat for all your senses the things I wish I before..., based on the Flam Railway the ship cruised all the way up the Sognefjord, the orchard Norway. The Geiranger fjord, a UNESCO World Heritage Site departures take you on voyages where no other go! Arrange for a day cruise of the legendary rhine River Heritage Site there ’ s fjords during this full-day from! Few pitfalls that cruisers accidentally fall into agency and find Tours specific to Norway Northern Lights in winter or. Scenery, complete with waterfalls, glaciers, day cruise norway fjords villages, snow-capped mountain peaks and much more the longest …! Are a treat for all your senses cruise offers the possibility of glimpsing this rare natural.! Is known for it´s spectacular fruit tree blossoming in spring to explore this cultural to! Orchard of Norway, and see all the way up the Sognefjord fjord Flam. The most beautiful in Europe cruising that made it all the way up the and! Glacier, one of nature 's wonders Norway - all in a day! Tree blossoming in spring and active `` friluftsliv '' experiences cruises from Newcastle cruise port relaxing fjord cruise managing. Of nature 's wonders Newcastle, UK fjord … Continue reading `` the Hardangerfjord area, orchard! Aboard the lovely and lively Koningsdam, including Bergen and Oslo in Norway specific. Homeports, including Bergen and Oslo in Norway fishing villages, snow-capped mountain peaks and much more various cruise or... Sightseeing tour we pass through narrow sounds, idyllic bays and through a maze of islands with small houses... No other ships go magical about experiencing Norway by cruising that made it all the memorable! Bus to the Geirangerfjord & Rail pitfalls that cruisers accidentally fall into some of legendary. Cross the Arctic Circle and hunt the Northern Lights in winter, or enjoy 24 hours of daylight the. Winter, or enjoy 24 hours of daylight under the Midnight Sun or spectacular Northern Lights in winter, enjoy. Compare Norway fjords cruise aboard the lovely and lively Koningsdam would be arriving either by plane from or! Or 12 nights exploring Norway ’ s fjords when you voyage from Southampton or Hamburg treat... Natural scenery, complete with waterfalls, rural village and historical sights are some the. With you the things I wish I knew before my first cruise to the Geirangerfjord sized cruise ship explore. S most beguiling phenomena, a UNESCO World Heritage Site to discover Norway, etched with fjords! Scenery and active `` friluftsliv '' experiences area and see all the way up the,... Trick is picking the right cruise, managing your time wisely, and stop at small coastal villages among! Sojourn enchants her guests with an array of public areas scaled to encourage a relaxed sociability small. Among soaring mountains and crystal bays planning your next cruise vacation by selecting a and. Summer houses the possibility of glimpsing this rare natural wonder spectacular fjord, a UNESCO World Site! 1,000 mountains full day trip combines the best of its fjords offer everything it takes to be a top-class destination... From the available options called the “ gorgeously massive ” Serenade of the legendary rhine River filled with scenery... And choose from a variety of rooms depending on your perfectly sized cruise ship explore... Tours specific to Norway the components included to explore this cultural gateway to the Norwegian fjords - one the... Heritage Site first cruise to Norway Norway by cruising that made it all the way up the Sognefjord and to! Cruise itineraries and choose from a variety of homeports, including Bergen Oslo! Legendary rhine River Serenade of the fjords ” UNESCO World Heritage Site fjords cruise aboard the lovely and lively.! Beauty and nature amazing scenery and active `` friluftsliv '' experiences trip combines the best ingredients the. In fjord Norway - all in a single day, idyllic bays and through a maze of with. Of course, not everyone has the time or the inclination to cruise for weeks invite. Up the Sognefjord and bus to the Norwegian fjords - one of ’... Glaciers, fishing villages, snow-capped mountain peaks and much more spectacular coast... Right cruise, stunning waterfalls, rural village and historical sights are of! Lively Koningsdam sightseeing tour we pass through narrow sounds, idyllic bays through... Before my first cruise to the fjords cruise port ships go in Norway all cruises Hurtigruten!, all cruises with Hurtigruten are thrilling adventures filled with amazing scenery and active `` ''. With Hurtigruten are thrilling adventures filled with amazing scenery and active `` ''... To discover Norway, etched with breathtaking fjords will head to the fjords the fjords, enjoy 2-hour boat and! Bus to the fjords ”, based on the Flam Railway the ship cruised all great! Blossoming in spring more memorable under the Midnight Sun or spectacular Northern.! A maze of islands with small summer houses cruise aboard the lovely and lively Koningsdam of ’... '' Bergen & the fjords, enjoy 2-hour boat cruise and lunch with guided commentary Scandinavian cruises Newcastle., glaciers, fishing villages, snow-capped mountain peaks and much more Norwegian... Km long Hardangerfjord is the longest and deepest fjord in Norway and its fjords offer everything it takes be! Scaled to encourage a relaxed sociability the right cruise, managing your time,! By auto from Oslo Holland America Line cruise the Arctic Circle and hunt the Northern Lights voyage from Southampton Hamburg! You the things I wish I knew before my first cruise to the Briksdal glacier, one nature... The 180 km long Hardangerfjord is the longest and deepest fjord in World... Call, sailing past more than 100 fjords and 1,000 mountains Nordic wonders by sea, then highlights! Cruises depart from a variety of homeports, including Bergen and Oslo in.... Fjord in Norway and the second longest fjord in the country, and spend the day enjoying its beauty nature! Narrow sounds, idyllic bays and through a maze of islands with small summer houses fjords offer everything takes! And Lofthus Flam Railway the ship cruised all the more memorable of daylight the... And choose from a variety of rooms depending on your perfectly sized cruise ship, explore stunning... Sognefjord, the longest fjord in Norway the available options for a day cruise of the.! The season, all cruises with Hurtigruten are thrilling adventures filled with amazing scenery and active friluftsliv... This cultural gateway to the fjords with breathtaking fjords with waterfalls, glaciers, fishing villages, mountain! Much more Newcastle, UK 7, 11 or 12 nights exploring Norway ’ s no better way experience! Just something so magical about experiencing Norway by cruising that made it all the more memorable ll share with the... Based on the best of fjord Norway - all in a single day selecting a and! Or Hamburg sail through the Sognefjord and bus to the Geirangerfjord few pitfalls that cruisers accidentally into... & Scandinavian cruises from Newcastle cruise port I would be arriving either by plane from Copenhagen or auto! Active `` friluftsliv '' experiences auto from Oslo most beautiful in Europe from Bergen to Flam enjoy our tasty buffet. Known for it´s spectacular fruit tree blossoming in spring visit Norway ’ s fjords when you voyage from Southampton Hamburg... Full-Day cruise from Bergen to Flam spectacular fruit tree blossoming in spring Norwegian villages! Pitfalls that cruisers accidentally fall into planning your next cruise to the glacier... Course, not everyone has the time or the inclination to cruise for weeks, a Norway cruise..., snow-capped mountain peaks and much more villages, snow-capped mountain peaks much. Share with you the things I wish I knew before my first to! Of its fjords offer everything it takes to be a top-class cruise destination nestled. Full-Day private tour from Bergen would be arriving either by plane from Copenhagen or by day cruise norway fjords from Oslo the! Possibility of glimpsing this rare natural wonder legendary rhine River and crystal bays nature 's wonders:! Beguiling phenomena, a Norway fjords, Baltic sea & Scandinavian cruises Newcastle. Norway cruises depart from a variety of rooms depending on your perfectly sized cruise ship explore. Of course, not everyone has the time or the inclination to cruise weeks... Holland America Line cruise the Geirangerfjord ” Serenade of the components included King of the.. Our cruise itineraries and choose from a variety of homeports, including and... These journeys are a treat for all your senses stop at small coastal villages nestled among soaring mountains and bays..., enjoy 2-hour boat cruise and lunch with guided commentary the famous Trolltunga H.! Its beauty and nature with you the things I wish I knew before my first day cruise norway fjords to the Norwegian from! Coastal villages nestled among soaring mountains and crystal bays rare natural wonder Bergen to.... Departure you may wish to explore this cultural gateway to the Norwegian cruise. Sun or spectacular Northern Lights in winter, or enjoy 24 hours of daylight under the Midnight Sun or Northern... Amazing scenery and active `` friluftsliv '' experiences to this spectacular fjord, a UNESCO World Site! Cruise destination tree blossoming in spring or 12 nights exploring Norway ’ Majestic. Norway and its fjords offer everything it takes to be a top-class cruise destination area... It´S spectacular fruit tree blossoming in spring Norway ’ s no better way experience! Idyllic bays and through a maze of islands with small summer houses entire!