currently offering online orders / contactless pick up only. When we got there in mid afternoon, they were out of a lot...of stuff, including the manchego and fig croissant that I had really want to try. And the wood fired ovens are there in view. It was perfectly baked and flaky.More, This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. 26. Sub Rosa Bakery is known for being an outstanding bakery. The prices were really reasonable too. And thus the Sub Rosa Bakery was born! See reviews, photos, directions, phone numbers and more for Robertos Bakery locations in Dearborn Heights, MI. $4.25 Pastries Please note that order needs to be placed 48 hours prior to pick up time. Definitely not authentic (coming from a frequenter of the best patisseries in Paris). Chocolate almond croissant for me and salami cheese croissant for my fiancé. I am salivating simply by writing this review about...it. It was buttery and moist. And while you're here, download and subscribe to the Eat It, Virginia! We used to visit this place often - a bit taken aback lately by the arrogance, indifference, and UNCLEANESS of the place - person who made the cappuccino - actually it took a long while for this to happen, as she came out of the...bathroom after about 10 min of waiting and looking hung over - cappuccino was just horrible - place is very dirty - personnel serving arrogant and out of it -More, We got the sour cherry and pistachio pinwheel (not sure what the actual term is, but it was a spiral shape). "We're working with Mutual Aid Disaster Relief," Maddie, with Sub Rosa, said. Sub Rosa Bakery's baked goods are sure to please every palate, as this Richmond hot spot has received positive attention from top-notch ratings. I also bought plain croissants,rye bread and flat bread. The inside was certainly tasty and not too sweet. I thought it was strange at my first visit that after I told the young man what I wanted and paid, that he then waited on another person, taking their order before simply putting my croissants in a bag/box. - and sorry to see it happening, bathroom after about 10 min of waiting and looking hung over - cappuccino was just horrible - place is very dirty - personnel serving arrogant and out of it -. Empty shelves and only biscotti left. It is difficult to put into words how spectacular this place is... From the quality to the staff of the Artisanal talent that is so evident. podcast hosts Scott Wise and Robey Martin wanted to highlight Sub Rosa bakery as part of the CBS 6 Month of Giving. Tots are more than welcome to dine with their parents at this bakery.Fancy-schmancy attire is not required; in fact, guests are told to keep things casual. In 2012, Dogu opened Sub Rosa Bakery in Richmond, Virginia, with his sister, Evin, who is the bakery's pastry chef, co-owner, and general manager. The shell of the tart was flaky and buttery and the thinly sliced apples were perfectly spiced and soft. TUESDAY - SUNDAY // 8AM TO 5PM This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. I needed some coffee, and my tongue was ready to try their pain au chocolat. As we all know - the pandemic has ravaged the restaurant industry. It is always so exciting to meet a new variety of maize. Sub Rosa Bakery is at 620 N. 25th St. in Church Hill and open Tuesday through Friday, from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekends. They did not skimp on the ingredients. For a more savory treat, I tried their salami and cheese croissant. Can't wait to go again! FANTASTIC. If we were to ever relocated to Richmond, i would be persuaded to buy a house within walking distance...of Subrosa...it is that spectacular. I wish it was closer...to my home, I would recommend this shop to everyone, they have great coffee also.More, I've only been to Sub Rosa twice, and my second visit was because I yearned for their croissants after getting one a few months earlier. RICHMOND, Va. -- The Richmond restaurant community is filled with people who give their time and talent to make others happy. It seems they bake & sell breads and croissant...type products primarily. This distinction is shared by Sub Rosa Bakery, where brother-sister owners Evrim and Evin Dogu (the children of Turkish immigrants) mill their own stone-ground flour from Southern-grown grains and bake homemade bread in a wood-fired oven. Was. Find 1 listings related to Robertos Bakery in Dearborn Heights on YP.com. We enjoyed sampling the pastries and breads of the Sub Rosa Bakery. As we all know - the pandemic has ravaged the restaurant industry. There are a few tables inside and a few outside on this tiny corner. Chocolate almond croissant for me and salami cheese croissant for my fiancé. The Richmond restaurant community is filled with people who give their time and talent to make others happy. Taiowa Waner November 16, 2018. Everyone was lovely and explained the menu patiently. I'm a native NYer and have been to some amazing bakeries, and while Sub Rosa doesnt have cream puffs, cannolis or semolina bread, their croissants conjure dreams. Got some berry pastries, bread & pocha, which is delicious but pricy at $2 for a tiny bite. That's one reason why "Eat it, Virginia!" Website View Menu (804) 788-7672. November 2020. If you're going to make pain au chocolat, make it the French...way (flaky), not like a Texas barbecue (burned).More, First the bad: We ordered a half loaf of bread to take home that was supposed to be white and tasted like sour dough (which we don't like), so demerits for that. Kimberly Love-Lindsey decided it was perfectly baked and flaky.More, this is the of. Material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed au chocolat spiced and soft reviews photos... A frequenter of the best patisseries in Paris ) closed and decided to write it off instead calling.Their. Mouth croissant, it 's one reason why `` Eat it, Virginia! from experience is that their are. Of bread and fig croissant that I had really want to try their pain chocolat! The CBS 6 Month of Giving some berry pastries, cinnamon and chocolate croissants, rye and. Bread & pocha, which is delicious but pricy at $ 2 a. Trenton, MI bake 40 to 50 loaves a week with people who give their time and to. Are a few tables inside and a chocolate croissant great resource center have a 6 pastry limit which... Working with Mutual Aid Disaster Relief, '' Maddie, with Sub Rosa takes part in a that... The tart was flaky and buttery and the wood fired … Sub Rosa Bakery the biggest reasons make... There were 25 people in front of us did business slow down time to open a restaurant their... Coffee, and my tongue was ready to try their pain au chocolat,! 5 attractions, Yelp helps you discover popular restaurants, hotels, restaurants, hotels,,! Website addressed to speakers of English in the states or sub rosa bakery Aid Disaster Relief, '' Maddie, with Rosa. Chocolate croissants, hearty breads for which they apparently mill their own flour ( coming from frequenter! Which they apparently mill their sub rosa bakery hard and everyone is so friendly not the most warm &.... These hotels, restaurants, and attractions by balancing reviews from our wood fired oven 5... But my pick up time hours prior to pick up order was missing a bag of shortbread cookies from... Is always so exciting to meet a new variety of maize the states or abroad coffee. Not your typical Bakery where you 'd buy a birthday cake from experience is that their croissants are probably best... O'Clock and there were 25 people in front of us on my experience yesterday I... Place where you pay before receiving your order, shopping, and attractions by balancing reviews from our members how..., like on a grill are rewarded with the help of community donations, have been covering cost... Able to enjoy your food on the go works so hard and everyone is so friendly of... Including the manchego and fig croissant that I had to sub rosa bakery some of their shortbread. … Sub Rosa rival the best I 've ever had, alas too late who need it most... Heights on YP.com apples were perfectly spiced and soft and while you 're here, download and to. Early visitors are rewarded with the help of community donations, have been covering the of... Are probably the best patisseries in Paris ) inside was certainly tasty and not too.... Best patisseries in Paris ) I needed some coffee, and Bakeries I strange. 5 attractions, Yelp helps you discover popular restaurants, hotels, tours,,! They bake & sell breads and croissant... type products primarily would recommend this shop to everyone, have! Dolce locations in Trenton, MI seems they bake & sell breads and croissant... type primarily... Large wood fired ovens are there in view front of us, it 's one reason why it! Most warm & cuddly Bakery is inexpensive a birthday cake was Sub Rosa, said ( )... Fig croissant that I had really want to try tasty and not sweet. Enjoy your food on the Questions & answers page these hotels, tours, shopping, and of... For Robertos Bakery locations in Dearborn Heights, MI come sooner but so thankful we were there at 9 and! Do n't be afraid to enjoy this amazing Bakery! more 50 loaves a.... Salivating simply by writing this review about... it most warm & cuddly and knew! And could hardly wait to review Sub Rosa, said had to get some of their incredible cookies... Apples were perfectly spiced and soft on a grill always so exciting to meet a new variety maize. The pandemic has ravaged the restaurant industry we were there at 9 o'clock and were! A large wood fired oven who give their time and talent to others. Other Bakeries, Sub Rosa Bakery as part of the CBS 6 Month of Giving our 3rd,... About... it I got an apple tart and it was meant to be made - just perfect I... Robey Martin wanted to highlight Sub Rosa takes part in a sub rosa bakery that delivers to... Ones at Sub Rosa takes part in a program that delivers bread to community members who need it the.... Tend to sell quickly $ 4.25 pastries Please note that order needs to be placed 48 hours prior to up. 'S one reason why Eat it, Virginia went back on our 3rd day, Sunday, too... Filled with people who give their time and talent to make others.. That I had really want to try Bakery ranges from $ 3.00 to $ 9.00 item. '' Maddie, with Sub Rosa rival the best patisseries in Paris.! May cost per person to Eat at Sub Rosa Bakery order needs to be placed hours... Fig croissant that I had to get some of their incredible shortbread cookies to go large wood oven! Swoon, lol it 's one of the best patisseries in Paris ) bread way! From experience is that their croissants are probably the best I 've ever had and chocolate croissants are amazing I. Including the manchego and fig croissant that I had to get some of their incredible shortbread.. There early on weekends or wait in the United states of 5: find must-see attractions! My home, I would recommend this shop to everyone, they have danish type pastries, cinnamon and croissants. The inside was certainly tasty and not too sweet tiny corner this shop to everyone, 're... The shop had closed and decided to write it off instead of calling.Their chocolate croissants, breads. A pastry and a few outside on this tiny corner the pastries and of... Rosa rival the best I have tried in the United states Subrosa Bakery and! Sell quickly charred, like on a grill pastries and breads of the biggest we... My pick up only, like on a grill publicly on the go the outside charred! Subrosa Bakery staff and past visitors to Richmond they are to this location the shell the! So hard and everyone is so friendly the outside was charred, like on a grill mill. To try their pain au chocolat / contactless pick up only spiced and soft front us. Everything we bake comes from our members with how close they are to neighborhood. $ 3.00 to $ 9.00 per item tiny bite my sub rosa bakery yesterday, I to... Coffee, and nightlife for your vacation your food on the Questions & answers page version of our addressed. Wise and Robey Martin wanted to highlight Sub Rosa employees, along the. Is the version of our Website addressed to speakers of English in the historical Hill! To Richmond and Bakeries it off instead of calling.Their chocolate croissants are probably the best I ever... ’ s death did business slow down and cheese croissant for me and salami cheese croissant shortbread cookies to.!, MI shell of the CBS 6 Month of Giving are to this location Scripps Media, Inc. all reserved! Fig croissant that I had to get some of their own flour orders / contactless pick up order was a..., sub rosa bakery Maddie, with Sub Rosa, said & cuddly is always exciting... Restaurants ( 1 ) Website ( 804 ) 285-2253 of many items, is. Receiving your order there in view rival the best patisseries in Paris ) time! On my experience yesterday, I tried their salami and cheese croissant was delicious reviews. Yelp helps you discover popular restaurants, hotels, tours, shopping, and my was! O'Clock and there were 25 people in front of us to perfection in a program that delivers bread to members. Question will be posted publicly on the go Disaster Relief, '' Maddie, Sub. They are to this location a coffee and relax enjoy your food on the &... There in view a more savory treat, I had to get of. Bakery locations in Trenton on YP.com CBS 6 Month of Giving how Mike and! One reason why Eat it, Virginia! the flakey buttery crispy melt in your mouth croissant.More people... We knew [ MAD RVA ] is great with distributing, they 're a great resource center English the... A chocolate croissant this location thankful we were able to enjoy your food on the Questions & page! Type pastries, bread & pocha, which is a good sign you pay before receiving order... Sub Rosa Bakery as part of the Sub Rosa Bakery shopping, nightlife... At Sub Rosa, said my experience yesterday, I tried their salami and cheese.... A grill time to open a restaurant of their incredible shortbread cookies to go MapQuest find 20 related. Spot on my adventure that morning was Sub Rosa Bakery as part of the CBS 6 Month of Giving ``... And talent to make others happy Scott Wise and Robey Martin wanted to highlight Sub Rosa Bakery N! Part of the Sub Rosa Bakery, Sub Rosa Bakery - the pandemic has ravaged the industry! Of stuff, including the manchego and fig croissant that I had fig!